Europe & Britain First Class 2018: Contrasts of Switzerland Summer 2018
Brochure Type: Europe & Britain First Class 2018
See Switzerland's cities and countryside by rail, along the Golden Pass Route to the heart of the Alps and the medieval city of Lucerne to pay homage to the Swiss Guard. Your highlight - boarding the Glacier Express, a spectacular train journey snaking high above Alpine lakes and glaciers en route to the resort town of Zermatt and the Matterhorn.
- Orientation of Zurich, St. Moritz, Zermatt, Geneva and Lucerne
- View the Matterhorn and Jungfrau mountains (weather permitting), the Jet d'Eau in Geneva, the Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge in Lucerne
- Visit Interlaken
- 7 hot buffet breakfasts
- 1 lunch
- 3 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- High-speed train from Zermatt to Geneva.
- Golden Pass route train journey from Geneva to Lucerne.
- All rail service is reserved in standard class.
- Glacier Express Train from St. Moritz to Zermatt.
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (619) 445-9193 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14015123
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zurich||Arrive Zurich: The trendy city of Zurich is our springboard to a spectacular journey through Switzerland. Explore its mix of ancient heritage and modern verve during your orientation tour before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception to launch your epic Swiss experience.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||St. Moritz||Zurich - St. Moritz: Our love affair with the snow-capped peaks of Switzerland begins on a scenic train journey via Chur to the chic resort of St. Moritz, set against the beautiful backdrop of Lake St. Moritz. Admire the inspiring natural setting and perhaps take a mountain pass train ride this afternoon, before dining at your hotel tonight.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 3||Zermatt||St. Moritz - Glacier Express - Zermatt (2 Nights): Embrace the glamour and romance of a bygone era. Watch the epic Alpine landscapes drift past as you chug your way along one of the world's most unforgettable rail journeys from the comfort of the Glacier Express, crossing hundreds of bridges and the Oberalp Pass at 2,033 metres above sea level. Enjoy an included lunch on board, against the backdrop of magnificent alpine lakes and pristine glaciers en route to the resort town of Zermatt, which sits at the foothills of the imposing Matterhorn. This evening take to the resort's streets and embrace its vibrant nightlife.Buffet Breakfast, Lunch|
|Day 4||Zermatt||Zermatt Orientation: Join your Travel Director for an orientation walk around this charming car-free resort before spending the rest of the day at leisure soaking up the tranquil mountain atmosphere. Consider an Optional Experience to the Matterhorn, ascending by cable car to 3779m and the snow-capped top of the world.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Geneva||Zermatt - Geneva Orientation: We board a high-speed train to sophisticated Geneva where your orientation will include views of the Old Town, Jet d'Eau and the Flower Clock, paying tribute to the city's centuries-old watchmaking traditions. This evening explore the sights of this lakeside city on your terms. Meander through the ancient maze of charming streets and quiet squares or consider a dinner cruise - enjoying views of the charming villages along the shoreline.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Lucerne||Geneva - Interlaken - Lucerne (2 Nights): Picture-perfect landscapes are our constant companion as we journey from Geneva along the Golden Pass route. We stop at Interlaken in the heart of the Swiss Alps between the glassy lakes of Thun and Brienz, at the foot of a trio of famous peaks the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau. Spend some time at leisure and enjoy superb views of the peaks of the Bernese Oberland, so beloved of Queen Victoria who often stayed at Interlaken. We follow the Brunig Pass to the lakeside town of Lucerne in central Switzerland, where we will stay for the next two nights. The evening is yours to enjoy the charming atmosphere of Lucerne. Consider learning how to yodel at an optional fun-packed Swiss folklore show with fondue dinner.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Lucerne||Lucerne Orientation: Snow-capped peaks surround you as you wander through the quaint medieval streets of Lucerne on an orientation walk. Visit the poignant Lion Monument built in memory of the Swiss Guard who bravely defended Louis XVI during the French Revolution and view the covered wooden Chapel Bridge spanning the River Reuss with its decorated wooden panels, which chronicle the history of Lucerne. Later consider an Optional Experience to a nearby mountain peak, or explore the old city and shop for delicious Swiss chocolate. Tonight we join our Travel Director and fellow travel companions for a Farewell Dinner with wine in a local restaurant.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||Depart Zurich||Lucerne - Depart Zurich: We say a fond farewell to Switzerland and newfound friends at the end of a remarkable Swiss holiday. Your Travel Director will give you tickets for the short train journey from Lucerne to Zurich Airport, which can be used at your convenience for the onward journey.Buffet Breakfast|
- Shared Rooming: Room Share is not available on this trip.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class